Pages

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Lynn has read 2 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tear You Apart

by Megan Hart

3 stars...
Why not 4 or 5? Because the story seemed stagnant in parts and I'm not sure I enjoyed the characters very much. They were all slightly pretentious and judgmental despite the fact that they were all adulterers (aside from Ross who we don't really know much about). I do not fault Elisabeth for falling out of love with her husband, things had become routine and he obviously took her for granted. However, I did not like the way she dealt with her changed feelings toward her husband. And for Will to preach about how wrong cheating is when he's sleeping with a married woman? And Neeven- I'm not sure what purpose he even served in the story and didn't think it was necessary to keep referencing back to the fact that Elisabeth and he never slept together.
Why not 1or 2? Because Megan Hart has a way of writing these gut wrenching, honest, emotional scenes like no one else. I stayed up until 2 in the morning, in tears, to finish this book because I just wanted to know if love, honestly, loyalty, or commitment would prevail. I couldn't put it down. I did not enjoy the ending, but I appreciated the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment