Pages

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Lynn has read 2 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Mistress

by Tiffany Reisz

Wow! THE MISTRESS brings us the final, breathtaking, emotional, and suspenseful installment of The Original Sinners Series- The Red Years.

Soren’s assumed dead wife, and Kingsley’s sister, Marie-Laure is back from the grave and she’s not happy with her husband, her brother, or the woman they sometimes share. Nora has been kidnapped and, to buy herself some time, is sharing tale after tale of her very private life with Soren and Kingsley. Nora knows that she will either be rescued or she will be killed and then avenged; either way her friends are powerful and they will unite for her. Throughout her time as captive secrets are revealed, new relationships are formed, and old relationships are changed forever. Soren and Kingsley, with Wesley, Grace, and Soren’s niece Laila in tow, form a plan to get back the woman they all love and owe so much.

When I began reading this series I was not sure I was going to enjoy it at all. I read two short stories before I read the first novel and, honestly, I was very hesitant to read that first novel. From about half way through that first book to the final page of this last book, I was hooked- by the plot, the characters, the writing, the relationships, everything. Ms. Reisz has a talent for leaving me feeling like a complete emotional wreck after finishing each of her books- this one not being any exception. I am the type of reader who likes a neat and tidy ending to a story; the author has taken the time to tell this story, they should give us the satisfaction of a conclusion- good or bad. One of the things that strikes me most about this book, and series, is that it has a very open-ended conclusion and I found it to be perfect. I cannot think of one specific ending that would have satisfied me more- except it not ending.

I love this series (although not from the absolute beginning) and I do not want it to end. I know I have more Original Sinners to look forward to but right now I would rather go forward with these characters, not backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment